How to choose a nail file?
Before proceeding to the manicure or capacity, it is important to choose the right nail file. And do not neglect this tool, otherwise you will get untidy manicure, exfoliate nails, the injured nail plate, the cuticle and, as a result, bad mood and dissatisfied customer.
Criteria # 1: abrasiveness
The abrasivenessis the stiffness of the nail file, which is a coating on the nail file. It is measured in grit (number of abrasive particles per unit area). It is worth remembering a simple rule – the smaller the number of grit on the nail file, so it is tougher and rougher.
What are nail files, depending on the measure grit?
- From 80 to 150 grit(coarse/coarse)–the hard nail filing for length and thickness of artificial nails (gel or acrylic). Not applicable for natural nails!
- From 180 to 240 grit (medium/medium) is saws or grinders, which are suitable for shortening the length of the natural nail plate, for surface treatment acrylic or gel nails to prepare the nail for application of gel-Polish, acrylic, gel.
- From 240 to 600 grit (soft/fine) - soft nail files or buffers that are ideal to shape and correct length to natural nails, soft polishing surface before polishing.
- 1000 grit and more(ultra-soft/ultra fine) –polishers for "sealing" and glossy/matte polishing of natural nails. Like rubber or eraser to the touch.
Criteria # 2: shell
Nail file produced of metal, glass, wood and sand (soft). Each material has characteristic properties.
- The metalis too rough and can cause splitting nails. The popularity of these philosophasters the fact that they are pretty cheap and durable. However, experts of the nail industry does not recommend the use of idle natural nails.
- Made of glass.Pros: very attractive appearance, durability, easy to clean. Disadvantages: due to the fragile nature of the material with such files, you should be extremely careful in any case not to expose the contrasting temperatures and store in a special case. Not suitable for thick nails.
- Hardwood- these nail files are the most durable of all the proposed market, because in the hands of a master they will not vibrate. On the other hand, they are the least flexible. In order to slightly smooth out this disadvantage, manufacturers usually make it a semicircular shape. Extremely capricious in care, because it is impossible to wash, and it is necessary to store in a special case. But ideal for hard to reach places and toenails.
- Abrasive on a soft base- are the most popular because it does not injure the nail plate and suitable for fragile and delicate nails. The price of such files is acceptable, because the basics use fine sandpaper. Life – 4 to 6 months. It is this kind of nail files is perfect for sawing nails, the preparation of the gel Polish.
Criteria # 3: form
Oval nail is used to align the nail plate, giving nails a beautiful shape and to trim nails.
Nail file-the boomerang is used, usually, for filing of artificial nails to the cuticle area.
A rectangular blade is used for leveling the surface of the nail and to shape.
Rules for filing nails
1. Thoroughly dry hands. Wet the nail plate is more vulnerable to external influences, can be micro-cracks which lead to delamination of nails. Therefore, file your nails just before a manicure!
2. To file the nail only in one direction. Either to the right or to the left. Not as many used: sawing motions from side to side, as if in front of you tree. This filing destroys the nail plate. Tissue of the nail begin to crumble and give micro-cracks, which later leads to peeling and breaking.
3. Begin sawing along the side lines of the nail. This will enable him to visually align. Then go to the free edge. But move in the same direction.
4. If you want to use the buff or shlifovannaja, hold them so that they fully cover the entire area of the nail. You need to keep at an angle not less than 45 degrees to the finger, so as not to injure the skin. And don't push neshlifovannye nail file, this nail plate can be very thin.
The main mistakes made by beginners when selecting files:
1. Not interested in a precise abrasive nail files, choose to the touch.
The result may turn out that the natural nail will be processed nail file 100 grit. The consequences of the trauma of the nail plate, filing down the top layers and soreness 2-3 days after such work.
2. Work sawing one of abrasiveness for different types of work.
It should be understood that the technologies are all different, if one is soft enough a grinder, then the other need more rough filing. For example, for gel Polish selected nail file soft grit, and gel or acrylic nail file need a secondary spraying. Incorrect abrasiveness will affect not only the condition of the nail plate, but also on the quality of your work. The material will not hold well on thin and sawn nails. Will be "pockets" and "detachment" - a sure sign of insufficient adhesion.